5 Interesting facts about aluminium doors and windows
With the rise of technology, modern aluminium doors and windows have also advanced significantly. In the past, aluminium windows and doors were considered suitable only for commercial properties.
That’s why homeowners didn’t prefer them for their residences. But these days, you can find the best aluminium doors and windows in a variety of designs for modern homes. If you’re looking to add aluminium profiles to your home, you need to know the following interesting facts about them:
Aluminium is known to be the third most abundant element found in the earth’s crust. This means that the metal tends to last for generations even with today’s higher consumption rate.
The weight of aluminium is only 2.7 g/cm3 that’s only one-third weight of the steel. This makes aluminium an easier metal to work with on any building site while reducing the energy consumption at the time of transportation.
Aluminium requires only 5% of the energy to produce initial, primary metal for recycling it. The fact is that 75% of the aluminium that’s ever manufactured is still being utilized worldwide.
- Suitable for traditional properties
One of the benefits of installing aluminium windows and doors is that these profiles are available in a variety of frame depths. This makes these profiles suitable for new home extensions, new build homes and replacement of old frames.
While most people believe that these profiles are suitable only for contemporary homes, these are also perfect for traditional properties. Aluminium doors and windows also work with different types of hardwood and stone surrounds. This means that slimline aluminium profiles are not only advantageous but also blend with different properties.
Other facts regarding aluminium doors and windows:
- Aluminium windows are sleek yet stronger. This means you can get aluminium windows in any possible design.
- Since aluminium windows can be constructed with large glass panels compared to PVCu, you can form larger windows without additional support.
- The best aluminium doors and windows can be designed in an authentic wood-effect finish or any other design. Known as ‘sublimation’ and available in a wide range of options, you can enjoy advantages of all types of slimline, thermal-efficient and strong aluminium profiles.
- Aluminium doors and windows can be found in a variety of colour options. However, aluminium profiles are designed to have better colour compared to other profiles. Since aluminium profiles are powder-coated, the colour can easily last for up to 40 years. To be precise, customers have more than 200 colours options to choose from, including wood effects, textured granite, metallic colours, different colours inside and out or sandstone type finishes and more.
Since aluminium has many beneficial features, its construction profiles are suitable to be moulded into any style as per different building style – be it modern or traditional. If you’re looking for new windows and doors for your home and want more information about the best windows and doors available in the market, you must contact the professional suppliers or manufacturers online or near you.